Wednesday 8 August 2012

Flying Colours (c) Sue Buller

Moving into Part 3 of TAOP on Colours, I started to think about where I would go to shoot for the exercises, and I remembered a very striking image entered into one of the Kingston Camera Club competitions by Sue Buller of a brightly coloured plane against a stunning blue sky.  I really like the justaposition of the complementary colours, blue and orange, against the contrasting yellow and blue, and the harmonious yellow and orange.  I also like the unusual aspect and composition of this image: Sue has used the rule of thirds combining a vertical and horizontal sectioning.  The end result is really quite abstract!

Flying Colours (c) by Sue Buller

Sue shot this at Brooklands Museum in Weybridge in Surrey, which is very close to my home in Feltham, so on the next sunny day opportunity, I will pay the museum a visit to get some colour shots for the exercises for Part 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment